10 Reassurances That You’re Moving Forward, Even When It Doesn’t Feel Like It
It’s a peaceful Saturday morning, and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee fills the room, calming me. Outside, mother nature has bestowed us with a late winter storm, and it feels good to be alive.
Here are ten simple reminders that you’re doing okay, even if it doesn’t feel like it.
- You woke up today, regardless of how exhausted you are. Despite the past screaming your name, you found the strength to splash cold water on your face and wash away the pain. This moment is a reminder that you are alive.
- You appreciate the simple things in life, like the first sip of coffee in the morning when no one else is around. It reminds you that life is beautiful.
- You have doubts about life, but that’s perfectly okay. Some days are easy, while others are not. Remember that you are human, and you are on the right path. It’s okay not to feel okay.
- You have a roof over your head and food to eat. Reflect on that, and consider the people fighting for survival worldwide.
- You have overcome obstacles before, proving you can continue to do so. Trust yourself enough to sit with your challenges, and remember that life will never be easy; you just get stronger.
- You can pay your bills, and though it may feel like a burden, you are finding the strength to keep moving forward. It’s admirable and reflects positively on your character.
- You continue to take care of yourself, despite any pain or discomfort. You find time for sleep, prioritize exercise, and take care of your body because you know it’s the one thing that will keep you going.
- You continue to dream. You have aspirations and goals. Every day you wake up and remind yourself why you’re doing what you’re doing, even if it feels like you’re going nowhere.
- You have people who love you. Family, friends, and co-workers are all in your corner. Remember to take a few moments of gratitude for what you have.
- You’re here, reading this list. Your strive to improve your mind, and it builds character. You are opening yourself up to more possibilities because you believe in what you cannot yet see.
In life, it’s easy to get caught up in our struggles and obstacles and lose sight of the progress we’re making. However, it’s crucial to take a step back and recognize the simple things in life. Keep these reminders in mind and take pride in yourself. By acknowledging your efforts, you’ll be better equipped to keep pushing forward no matter how hard it seems.